Bougainville Copper Ltd. / BOC (ASX)

• Offizieller Beitrag

BreX war Betrug in den Goldgehalten, dies ein Betrug der Australier an den indigenen Grundbesitzern

LF

• https://abg.gov.pg/index.php?/news/read/abg-chief-secretary-announces-key-interventions

Another key directive for the Bougainville Administration is on the Panguna Mine redevelopment. With the renewal of BCL's exploration license over Panguna Mine, an ABG interagency committee has been established to address all legacy issues, including mapping out crisis-related issues and other outstanding matters related to the mine.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Schon und gut und recht dieses verklausulierte Geschwafel, aber was z.T. hat denn der IWF dort verloren? Der scheint nun seine stinkenden Dreckspfoten auch dort in die Tür klemmen zu wollen!

Brauchen die den den??

Kann niemand die Autonomen über dieses extrem üble Krebsgeschwür aufklären?

Es scheint mir fast, dass das Forum weiterhin Mineralwasser spenden muss, denn da wird noch viel und viel und dann noch mehr geredet werden.....

LF

• Grosse Palaverwoche ist angesagt.

Interessant dass diese Meetings auch in den zusätzlichen (EX) BOC Leases abgehalten nwerden

https://abg.gov.pg/index.php?/news/read/abg-commences-community-engagement-program-in-panguna-mine-affected-areas

ABG commences community engagement program in Panguna Mine-Affected Areas

The Autonomous Bougainville Government has commenced its community engagement program in the Panguna Mine-affected areas, starting in the township of Panguna yesterday.

This engagement program targets veterans in the Central Bougainville region and the Panguna landowning communities, who remain as crucial stakeholders to the Government in this process.

The purpose of the multi-stakeholder awareness is to effectively communicate correct and vital information about the issuance of EL01 to BCL and address community concerns and questions surrounding the issuance of the exploration license.

In January this year, the Autonomous Bougainville Government granted exploration license EL01 to Bougainville Copper Limited. The decision to grant BCL a 5-year extension of EL01 was made following due legal process.

Following the issuance of the license and given the sensitive background of the Panguna redevelopment project such as legacy issues, cross cutting aspects and evident ongoing opposition on the ground, the ABG saw the immediate need to conduct this community engagement and awareness program as a first response to correct any misinformation in the mine affected communities.

Part of the engagement on the first day, was to educate the Veterans and Community Government of Central Bougainville about the issuance of the exploration license and importantly, build alliance and trust with these key community stakeholders to help the government disseminate accurate information to the Panguna mine affected communities.

The Toroama-Nisira government continues to emphasize the critical connection between Bougainville’s political aspirations for independence, which must be backed by a strong and sound economic base.

ABG President Hon. Ishmael Toroama clarified that the Government has no particular interest in Bougainville Copper Limited (or BCL), rather it’s chief role is to protect the interests of all Bougainvilleans and, for the Panguna redevelopment process, the Government is there to facilitate dialogue and ensure that all stakeholders have all the information needed for them to make sound decisions in support of the ABG’s plans for Panguna.

Acting Chief Secretary Kearnneth Nanei explained the legality of the ABG’s decision relating the issuance of the exploration license, clarifying that it followed legal deliberations related to the ongoing court injunction between the ABG and BCL.

In January 2018, the ABG under the Momis-Masono Government, refused an extension of BCL’s EL01 (exploration licence) and three months later the company was granted leave by the court for a judicial review of the decision. The proceedings have remained ongoing ever since.

In 2023, the ABG and BCL had consulted and agreed to signing a Deed of Settlement to end the almost six-year long court case between both parties.

Mr Nanei also clarified current misconceptions that the 1967 Bougainville Copper Agreement (BCA) was still applicable in Bougainville. He explained that the enactment of the mining act for Bougainville in 2015, superseded all other national mining laws on Bougainville, including the Bougainville Copper Agreement.

“The Bougainville Copper Agreement of 1967 relates to the operation of the tenements of BCL in Panguna, and that in itself is mining powers. So that’s why when Bougainville has already enacted its own mining law, then the national law does not apply in Bougainville. So anything to do with the tenements, benefits related to mining, anything to do with road access, anything to do with whatsoever under the BCA Act, they are now administered by the ABG through the Bougainville mining act,” he said.

Other presentations included the ABG Department of Bougainville Independence Mission Implementation on the current political journey that Bougainville is on and how it requires strong economic backing to ensure that Bougainville can fund and sustain its political aspirations for independence.

The ABG Department of Finance also presented to the stakeholders the current economic situation in Bougainville, highlighting the fiscal gap that must be filled through transformative economic interventions.

The ABG Department of Mineral & Energy Resources presented a comprehensive cost-benefit analysis of the proposed Panguna redevelopment project in comparison to the former Panguna mine, emphasized on the mineral project life cycle of which the ABG and the landowners are now in following the issuance of the exploration license. Clarity was also provided on the license conditions under the Bougainville Mining Act, that are attached with the exploration license issued to BCL.

The awareness program continued today with the Panguna mine-affected areas landowners, and will continue this week with sessions on Wednesday 17 April at Guava Village where the ABG will engage with communities from Guava, Mosinau and Kokore villages. On Thursday 18 April, the ABG team will engage with communities from Parakake, Pakia, Siredongsi, Mainku, Korokoro and Ikipute villages at Pakia Catholic Chapel and on Friday 19 April, the ABG team will engage with communities from Kupei, Paraiano and Sunua villages at Arawa Town.

• Jetzt fehlt nur noch die Umsetzung ;-))

Wurde vom AGB nach AU Börsenschluss gepostet und dürfte am Montag in den PNG Tageszeitungen publiziert werden

https://ab­g.gov.pg/i­ndex.php?/­news/read/­...ted-in-­guava-vill­age-today

ABG and Panguna Stakeholde­rs forge unified path forward after week-long consultati­ons

The week-long community engagement­ program for the Panguna mine-affec­ted areas ended today in Arawa Town, seeing all stakeholde­rs unified in support for the redevelopm­ent of the Panguna mine.

Beginning on Monday this week, the EL-01 Administra­tive Oversight Committee led by the ABG Acting Chief Secretary Kearnneth Nanei and key department­ heads met veterans and Panguna Landowning­ communitie­s from Moroni, Dapera, Pirurari and Onove villages on Monday and Tuesday.

On Wednesday the ABG team met with landowners­ in Guava, Mosinau and Kokore villages. On Thursday at the Pakia Catholic Chapel, the team met with landowners­ in the Parakake, Pakia, Siredongsi­, Mainku, Korokoro and Ikipute villages. Today the awareness was completed with Panguna landowners­ residing in Sunua, Paraiano and Kupei villages at the Sharp Memorial Youth Centre in Arawa.

The community engagement­ focused on communicat­ing correct and vital informatio­n about the issuance of EL-01 to Bougainvil­le Copper Limited and address some Frequently­ Asked Questions (FAQs) concerning­ the issuance.

This direct engagement­ with the veterans and communitie­s in the Panguna mine-affec­ted areas was critical to build trust and collaborat­ive partnershi­p with these key stakeholde­rs through open and honest dialogue.

Throughout­ the community engagement­ program, similar community concerns were raised in all communitie­s relating to the legality of the exploratio­n license, BCL share transfers,­ the protection­ of resource owners and their environmen­t under Bougainvil­le laws, legacy issues from the past and how it will be dealt with going forward.

Majority of the communitie­s visited emphasized­ that they would like more of these consultati­ons to continue going forward to ensure that mutual understand­ing and trust is built, and that their voices are heard through a participat­ory approach, with some proposing to have an associatio­n or entity establishe­d that integrates­ all landowners­ and other mine affected communitie­s.

A positive highlight from the week-long consultati­on was the consensus and understand­ing reached regarding the ABG’s decision in granting the exploratio­n license to BCL, and the respect shown by the veterans and landowners­ on the ABG’s decision as the government­ authority of the day.

Central Bougainvil­le Veterans and landowners­ of the Panguna mine-affec­ted communitie­s expressed their firm support to the ABG and reaffirmed­ their decision for the reopening of the defunct Panguna mine under the condition that is reopened under Bougainvil­le’s own terms and conditions­.

ABG Secretary for Mineral & Energy Resources Peter Kolotein clarified that the project has now entered the project’s mine life cycle following the issuance of EL-01, and he assured all the communitie­s that this is the first of many more consultati­ons and dialogue to happen.

The Department­ of Mineral & Energy Resources will be setting up its office in Arawa Town to ensure visibility­ and ease of access for the landowners­ to the Department­.

BCL staff were also in attendance­ at the community engagement­ programs throughout­ the week where they had the opportunit­y to hear first-hand­ all community concerns and issues directly from the people.

• Was sagt eigentlich Philipp Miriori?

Leider kenne ich keinerlei aktuelles Statement von Herrn Miriori.
    Bisher hat er jegliche Einigung immer wieder erfolgreich torpediert.
    Solange er nicht an Bord ist wird es nix.

Gibt es eine aktuelle Aussage von Herrn Miriori?

• First Large-Scale Mineral Exploration Program Underway on Bougainville since the 2001 Peace Accord between Papua New Guinea and Bougainville
    ARAWA, Bougainville, Papua New Guinea, May 02, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Island Passage Development Canada Limited (IPDC or the Company) announces...
    www.globenewswire.com

First Large-Scale Mineral Exploration Program Underway on Bougainville since the 2001 Peace Accord between Papua New Guinea and Bougainville

Schriftgröße:  A A A A A