Cortez Trend - Nevada

• Ein wert, den wir bisher nicht hatten: auch schon gut gestiegen.

Vor allem diese meldung: Ein MUSS!
    http://biz.yahoo.com/ccn/05092…279a51454e131c5.html?.v=1
    Ergibt ganz neue wege der Goldgewinnung ohne Gifte.

RSM.V: RYSMF.OB
    http://www.royal-standard.com/

Erfahrenes Management

Royal Standard Minerals Inc. plans to develop, subject to further analyses, positive feasibility and financing, three projects to production over the next 1-4 years in Nevada. The first project, Goldwedge, will be in gold production in early 2005. The Goldwedge project is fully permitted by the State of Nevada (NDEP) for a full mine and processing facility that will allow the Company to produce gold onsite. All of the projects offer very good opportunities for expanding the gold resource base and extending the mine life, subject to positive feasibility.

The Company is also currently engaged in a program of financing the final feasibiltiy testing and evaluation in regard to the potential development of its Pinon-Railroad gold/silver project located on the Carlin Trend, Nevada.

Nevada ranks as the leading gold producing state in the US with more than 250 tons produced in 2000 placing it as number 3-4 in terms of world ranking. The State of Nevada supports a viable gold-silver mining industry. The environmental requirements are well established and are considered to be fair to mining companies and the environment. For more information see Nevada Mining History.

Gold prices have improved considerably in 2004/2005 to over $400 per ounce. This factor has enhanced the potential for future growth in the gold mining sector and is very significant. RSM’s property package is strategically positioned within very productive gold mining districts in Nevada. Millions of dollars in exploration have been spent on RSM properties over the past several years indicating the presence of significant gold deposits with potential for future development.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Tschonko

Das liest sich gut. Wird heisser Kandidat.

Nevada ist eh der minenfreundlichste Teil des Globus.
    Zum Vergleich mal der Bericht von LuckyFriday über Idaho dagegen!

Zu Nevada paßt diese Info wie ........:
    29 Sep 2005 at 08:19 PM

Higher gold prices are fueling an increase in mining exploration across Nevada, according to the latest Nevada Division of Minerals survey.

The survey reports projects exploration spending will surpass $100 million in Nevada this year for the first time since the mid-1990s.

Most exploration has been around the proven Carlin and Battle Mountain Trends along Interstate 80 in northeast Nevada.

Grüsse

"Die Märkte haben nie unrecht, die Menschen oft." Jesse Livermore, 20.Jh.

"Die Demokratie ist das Paradies der Schreier und Schwätzer, Phraseure, Schmeichler und Schmarotzer, die jedem sachlichen Talent weit mehr den Weg verlegen, als dies in einer anderen Verfassungsform vorkommt." E.von Hartmann

Dieser Beitrag ist eine persönliche Meinung gem. Art.5 Abs.1 GG und Urteil des BVG 1 BvR 1384/16

• @edelman,
    der Hammer ist aber dieser Link. Gelesen?
    http://biz.yahoo.com/ccn/050929/4ab53e60...131c5.html?.v=1
    (der geht jetzt nimmer, siehe mein letzter Beitrag!)

Da hätten die in Idaho kine probleme mehr. weiß nicht, ob das bei silber auch geht.
    einige russ. minen fördern auch so, muss aber eine bestimmte goldqualität im boden sein.

Grüße
    Tschonko

Press Release Source: Royal Standard Minerals Inc.

Royal Standard Minerals Inc.: Goldwedge Project-Initial Gravity Recovery Tests Return 90.9% Gold and Drill Program Underway
    Thursday September 29, 8:32 pm ET

MANHATTAN, NEVADA--(CCNMatthews - Sept. 29, 2005) - ROYAL STANDARD MINERALS INC. (TSX VENTURE:RSM - News; OTCBB:RYSMF - News; "RSM") -

Drifting on mineralized material is progressing in conjunction with the mining and stockpiling of approximately 1,400-1,500 tons gold mineralized material on a surface pad. This material has been used for gold recovery testing. The testing is being completed at the Company's onsite analytical laboratory. The indications are considered to be very favorable, the majority of the gold, up to 90.9%, can be recovered with gravity recovery methods. A portion of the mine run material may require a secondary grinding to achieve full liberation of the final product to optimize maximum recoveries. The best recoveries involved a grind of the mineralized material to -200 mesh. Test screen analysis of the various size fractions of run of mine material indicates that most of the gold occurs within the size fractions -1/8 inch to +200 mesh. Testing to include more screen analysis of mine run material concentrating on improving liberation of the gold of the finer size fractions is continuing.

The underground development program at Goldwedge is progressing with the development of a second crosscut "B" located north of the initial crosscut "A". At this point more than 400 feet of development work - as well as drifting on two gold mineralized zones - have been completed since early July, 2005. The current development work is concentrated on the completion of crosscut "B" followed by drifting on additional mineralized zones.

The company is also pleased to announce that an underground drilling program is underway. RSM has hired a driller to operate the Company drill and several drill stations have been completed. The focus of the drilling will be to direct the mining and bulk sampling in conjunction with extensive exploration within the gold mineralized system at depth, across strike and on strike of the current development. This program will be ongoing.

RSM is an exploration and development company with advanced gold-silver projects in Nevada.

Royal Standard Minerals cautions that the statements made in this press release and other forward looking statements made on behalf of the Company may be affected by such other factors including, but not limited to, volatility of mineral prices, product demand, market competition, imprecision of mineral estimates, and other risks detailed herein and from time to time in the Securities and Exchange Commission filings of the Company. C.U.S.I.P. # 780919106
    LISTED: STANDARD & POORS
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Royal Standard Minerals Inc.
    Roland Larsen
    Qualified Person, NI-43-101
    (775) 487-2454
    Fax: (775) 487-2454
    http://www.Royal-Standard.com

"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not understood." Henry Miller

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Tschonko ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Tschonko

Na klar doch,sofort gelesen!
    Das ist ne tolle Sache mit dem hohen Goldgehalt.
    Sind auch nach der press release angesprungen.

Ich glaube,die passen noch gut in den Zwergenverein.
    Aladin,wennde das liest,nicht die Preise versauen! :]

Aber die haben schon zu große Umsätze dafür. :D

Grüsse

"Die Demokratie ist das Paradies der Schreier und Schwätzer, Phraseure, Schmeichler und Schmarotzer, die jedem sachlichen Talent weit mehr den Weg verlegen, als dies in einer anderen Verfassungsform vorkommt." E.von Hartmann

Dieser Beitrag ist eine persönliche Meinung gem. Art.5 Abs.1 GG und Urteil des BVG 1 BvR 1384/16

• Offizieller Beitrag

Na klar,Aladin.

Aber manchmal bist Du schon zu
    ungewöhnlichen Dingen fähig! :))

• ""Aber manchmal bist Du schon zu ungewöhnlichen Dingen fähig! ""

Sind wir alle Edel Man, ist auch gut so.

So heute ist der 1.Oktober wird eine interessante Woche, falls es in dieser Woche noch weiter runter geht dann nehme ich an das 50% von den Anstieg der letzten zwei Monate weg ist beim HUI und Gold.

Da kann man wieder einkaufen. ;)

Mfg

XAX

• Hi, Aladin, Straccato Cat schaut meiner Katze ähnlich. Nur - sie ist schwarz - rats!.

Nice to hear (almost) new stories on the Cortez (Battle Mountain) Trend. Ich liebe sie alle; Katzen, Stories und die upper and speziell die lower plate dieser Trends.
    Ja und nun haben wir einen Grossteil des easy heap leachable surface stuff gefunden - oder? und gehen underground - wie am parallelen Carlin.

Consider reality and the guys that have been there for a long time ... they may be slow, though got a lot better handle on the area!

Cheers

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von Aladin

Ist USGL ein pusher Stock ???

Antwort: Jein :]

• Offizieller Beitrag

RSM/V

Vorhin ein Häuflein dieser Zwerge eingefangen zu 0,65 C$!
    Das sind die mit dem hohen Goldgehalt. :] (im Erz ;) )

Grüsse

• Offizieller Beitrag

McEwen still digging for gold
    Former Goldcorp chief has his eye on Nevada

Lori McLeod
    Financial Post

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Former Goldcorp Inc. chief executive Rob McEwen was a fixture in the Canadian gold industry for years. But he left Goldcorp earlier this year after he fended off a bid from Glamis Gold Ltd. and steered his company to a merger with Wheaton River Minerals Ltd.

Now this gold bug is throwing his considerable wealth and reputation behind exploration of the Cortez gold trend in north central Nevada. Mr. McEwen spoke with the Post's Lori McLeod about how a deep drilling approach could lead to paydirt in one of the world's hottest mining regions.

Q. After taking a big stake in U.S. Gold Corp. (USGL/OTC BB) you recently took the helm there. Is this your new Goldcorp?

A. I think it has a lot of potential. It's in a great district and has a lot of exploration upside. Sitting 10 miles away is Placer Dome's Cortez Hills discovery, which basically changed the future of this trend, which is called the Battle Mountain/Cortez trend. Placer's discovery basically said within the trend is Carlin-style mineralization, which is a new revelation. Carlin, which is 20 miles away, is another trend that hosts about 180 million ounces of gold of which about 60 million has been produced so far.

Q. When did you actually become interested in this property?

A. I became interested in the Cortez trend several years ago. We were looking to buy an interest in a producing mine there. And I went, "Wow, this is a remarkable part of the world." And that deal didn't come to pass, and so Goldcorp, through my direction, invested some money in a company called White Knight [Resources Ltd.] (WKR/TSX-V). When I stepped down as CEO [after the merger], the new management group had a preference for buying advanced exploration plays and properties already in production, so the decision was made to sell [the junior exploration portfolio]. I stuck up my hand and said "I'll buy some of these things you're selling."

Q. And these are your own personal investments?

A. That's right. I bought a 10% interest in White Knight, which I subsequently increased to 17%. And I'm looking at the claim map which shows this district. At the top of the district you have Newmont [Gold Corp.] and Placer [Dome Inc.] with big land positions ... at the bottom end of the trend you have Newmont [Mining Corp.], Placer and Barrick [Gold Corp.] If you were to think of it as a sandwich, the majors are the two pieces of bread, and in between are a number of small, junior explorers that have a good size chunk of the trend. But they're underfinanced, and they've sold off parts of their properties to majors. But U.S. Gold's property is still 100% owned, and its very strategically located, it hasn't been explored at depth ... and White Knight has property on three sides of it.

Q. What's the appeal for investors?

A. You're in the right country from a standpoint of foreign exchange, you're in the right state from a standpoint of discoveries, and you're in the hottest trend in that state. If you could create a vehicle where investors could appreciate the magnitude of discoveries that have been made down there [along with] the possibility of making others, they would say what type of stock do I want to play? Do I want a senior, where I'll get a move but not much, or do I want to play a junior that has a chance of tripling or more?

• Offizieller Beitrag

McEwen still digging for gold
    ...Continued

Q. Your involvement has obviously renewed interest in U.S. Gold's stock.

A. Everybody who's joint ventured or run it before has wanted to put the surface resources into production. To me, you don't want to do that. This is an exploration play, not a small production play.

Q. How expensive is this kind of exploration and how much cash do you need to raise?

A. I would like to be sitting on sufficient funds to be able to run for 18 months to two years exploration. So it's probably about US$10-million. We have to raise that much, probably through an equity investment.

Q. Do you expect an investment from one of the majors on this trend?

A. No, investors, whether retail or institutional.

Q Tell me about NovaGold Resources Inc. (it has been buying up U.S. Gold shares at the same time as Mr. McEwen).

A. They own about 16% of the company. They were buying it to do exploration on it. We've had discussions because they're our second largest shareholder and we'd like to keep the door open. Just discussions right now.

Q Are you going to fight if they try to make a run at the company? (He once donned boxing gloves for the photographers in the defence against the Glamis gold bid.)

A. No, no. They're good exploration guys.

Q. What about your other investments?

A. I have a 12% stake in Guyana Goldfields [Inc.] (GUY/TSX) ... I have about a 50% interest in [oil and gas junior] Lexam [Explorations Inc.] (LEXh/TSX-V). In the early 90s we were drilling for gold on the property and we hit oil. We drilled 42 or 43 holes and 27 of them hit oil and two of them flowed to surface. It was one of these stories that takes your eyebrows and pushes them above your forehead pretty quickly ... It's a large property package that has some interesting characteristics to it, and it's the only deep basin in Colorado that hasn't been drilled.

Q. Would you sell Lexam to fund your gold exploration plans?

A. I'd personally like to drill it. It's a big property. I like large targets.

Q. What is your outlook for the gold price?

A. It hasn't changed. Five years out, US$850 per ounce. I believe we're now in the second phase of the gold market. The first phase involved gold moving higher against the U.S. dollar. The second phase, which started this year, is gold moving up against all currencies. ;) And the third phase will kick in with public participation and it will start increasing as we start going through US$500 and US$600 per ounce. And it will start running away. But right now gold is not on the radar screen for most people, for most investors. :]

• McEwen Looks to Nevada Consolidation

By Ben Abelson
    16 Nov 2005 at 11:40 AM EST

NEW YORK (ResourceInvestor.com) -- Rob McEwen’s long been known as a man who speaks his mind, and follows through with results. So, when the chairman and CEO of U.S. Gold [OTC:USGL] and former head of Goldcorp [NYSE:GG; TSX:G] recently declared open season on consolidation in Nevada, investors should probably do themselves a favour and listen.

In a media call on Nov. 15, McEwen reiterated his much publicized belief that the Cortez Trend is the next big thing in gold mining. He also suggested that merger activity was likely in the future of his new company.

“Investors like stories that are simplified, easy to understand, and well financed. Somewhere along the way it makes sense to have one story,” he said.

Considering the tremendous run-up in price for U.S. Gold’s shares (from about $0.50 before McEwen’s July takeover to $2.10 recently), it’s the perfect time for the company to take advantage with an acquisition funded by an equity issuance. While McEwen didn’t mention targets by name, considering his proclivity for obtaining underappreciated assets with large land packages, it isn’t hard to come up with a short list.

Most noteworthy among these is probably explorer White Knight Resources [TSXv:WKR], which owns about 55,000 acres, mostly within the Cortez Trend. The company also counts McEwen among its significant owners, with about 17% of outstanding shares.

When asked specifically about a merger with White Knight, McEwen said a deal was “probably not a bad idea at the right price,” before adding, “but I wouldn’t say that they’re the only one.”

White Knight’s shares recently traded at C$1.50, about double where they stood in July, when McEwen purchased his stake in that company from Goldcorp. (“Goldcorp Divests Portfolio – McEwen Invests in Nevada”). With the run-up, however, the shares may have gotten a bit too rich for McEwen.

Another potential is Miranda Gold [TSXv:MAD], which recently signed JVs with Barrick [NYSE:ABX; TSX:ABX] and Placer Dome [NYSE:PDG; TSX:PDG].

Nevada Pacific Gold [TSXv:NPG] could represent a bottom-picker’s dream – its shares have lingered near a multi-year low of C$0.38 thanks to mediocre exploration results and the high-cost Magistral mine, which Queenstake [AMEX:QEE; TSX:QRL] unloaded on that company in 2004. Nevada Pacific also holds a small portion of land on U.S. Gold’s flagship Tonkin Springs property.

Victoria Resource Corp. [TSXv:VIT] is exploring in Horse Canyon – just up the road from Tonkin Springs – but is 32% owned by Bema Gold [AMEX:BGO; TSX:BGO] and has a very close relationship with that company. The same story goes for Great Basin Gold [AMEX:GBN; TSX:GBG], which has some real potential with its Hollister project (but is solidly within the hands of Hunter-Dickinson) and J-Pacific [TSXv:JPN], which is partially owned by Jipangu.

The list of potential partners continues with explorers like Atna Resources [TSX:ATN], CMQ Resources [TSXv:CMQ], Coral Gold [TSXv:CGR], Bravo Ventures [TSXv:BVG] and Klondex Mines [TSXv:KDX].
    In looking for the “deep value” plays that McEwen’s so fond of, real contrarians might also want to take a glance at Queenstake itself (is even Rob McEwen that brave) or Canyon Resources [AMEX:CAU].

While several companies could have their merits as exploration partners, this much is certain: miners worldwide are getting desperate to find new assets, as evinced by the recent Barrick/Goldcorp/Placer Dome deal.

With much of the community apparently following McEwen’s lead in Nevada, active speculators or die-hard Cortez bulls might just do well to roll the dice with a basket of the most prospective explorers in the region.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von Aladin
    McEwen Looks to Nevada Consolidation

With much of the community apparently following McEwen’s lead in Nevada, active speculators or die-hard Cortez bulls might just do well to roll the dice with a basket of the most prospective explorers in the region :].

Richtig.
    Bin mit ein paar Preziosen dabei. USGL +MAD
    Und NPG :"a bottom-picker´s dream"? Schön wärs.

BVG hat einen sauberen Chart von den anderen.

Diese Aktualisierung ist gut,Aladin.
    Wir werden zu oft von den Sorgenkindern abgelenkt. :)

Grüsse

• Edel Man ich habe mich seit der Eroeffnung diesen threads schon eingekauft bei Klondex, Miranda,Victoria,Coral,Stracatto,Bravo,Great Basin und X-cal X(

White Knight wurde mit 160% Gewinn die ganze Position verkauft.

Die Japaner, Jipangu haben sich die Minen von Apollo gekauft in Nevada.

USGL sollte sich Nevada Pacific schnappen,das waere ein plus fuer uns.

Mc Ewen ist ein alter Fuchs,mal schaun wie die sich in Nevada konsolidieren.

Viva Nevada !

Gruss

XAX

• Offizieller Beitrag

Aladin

Nuja,hast immer einige mehr,egal wo.

Stimmt nicht ganz.
    Da gibt es Ozeanien und RSA - Fans,
    die nicht viel für Amerikanerinnen übrig haben. :]

USGL und MAD hast Du doch auch,oder?
    Führe iÜ.seit längerem eine Cortez-Watchlist.

Viva Nevada !

Grüsse

• USGL und MAD hast Du doch auch,oder?
    Führe iÜ.seit längerem eine Cortez-Watchlist.

Sure !! :D

Eine von 164 Stueck, I love diversification ;)
    Worldwide !.... ausser Afrika da gibt es nur seit ein paar Tagen GSS und NSU sowie die alte Rangy.. X(

Shareholders in Randgold & Exploration are also none the wiser over the whereabouts of R1.3 billion worth of shares the company owned that appear to have vanished during Brett Kebble's tenure as CEO.

Ein Fass ohne Boden, was da alles verschwinden kann !

Jetzt weisst du warum ich wo anders nun mein Geld platziere.

Die Kaffer koennen nur eines, du weisst schon. ;)

XAX

Schriftgröße:  A A A A A